Movie review: Cloudy 2, Revenge of the Leftovers


aka Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers

Never thought I would watch this movie in the cinema. I didn't even watch the first one, not until it was shown in HBO/Star Movies on Astro. Cloudy 2 talks about the after effect of The FLDSMDFR Machine that Flint Lockwood created in the first movie. Somehow, it mutated and starts to create hybrids of food and living animals. Then there's this Steve Job look-alike (but with a long beard and not in a turtleneck but in a orange vest or so) that plans to steal his invention and tries to manipulate Flint to get The FLDSMDFR for him. Oh, Flint eventually helped him because he was actually his idol. So yeah.

In my opinion, this movie was super random okay. Not those normal kinds of ridiculous random-y thing, but those kinds that is off the chart crazy and won't see it coming kind of random. Oh, the puns that you don't see it coming. Loads of word pun. The creators of the creatures and also the one who wrote the scripts sure have some really good imaginations. Not only that, the fruit-ures and vege-nimals are just very adorable to watch.

My rating for Cloudy 2
6/10

All in all, I think this movie is quite amusing but... just not my thing. I think it would be better to watch this movie at home rather than at the cinema. 
image

No comments:

Post a Comment