Amigurumi Pattern | Mokona Modoki from Tsubasa Chronicle


Hi there! I'm here again to write another amigurumi pattern (I'm on a roll!). Though I think this is a very simple pattern so it won't take long do make these two little critters. Yay, for anime! 

imageimage

Materials
2.75mm hook (or any hook size that suits your yarn)
Minlon acrylic yarn (or any sport yarn)
#white
#black
Felting cloth 
#light pink
Felting yarn**
#light pink
#white
#red
#blue
Felting needle**
Black embroidery thread
White embroidery thread
Embroidery needle
Wire/Pipe cleaner
Fabric glue

**Optional items
Instead of using felting yarn, you can also use felting cloth for the details. I used felting yarn as I had them on my hands and it's easier to add tiny details with them. 
imageimage

Crochet Pattern
Abbreviation
ch - chain
sk - skip stitch
sc - single crochet
hdc - half double crochet
dc - double crochet
inc - increase
dec - decrease
* or * * - repeat following pattern until row ends
* * xA - repeat instr inside for A times
MR - Magic ring
F/O - finish off

Some basic explanation for the pattern I have written 
"inc" means sc x2 in the next sc
"inc by 3" means sc x3 in the next sc
"2sc" means sc x1 in the next sc, repeat 2x
"2inc" means sc x2 in the next sc, repeat 2x

Body
Use #white or #black
R1: 6sc in MR (6)
R2: *inc (12)
R3: *sc, inc* (18)
R4-5: *sc (18) 
R6: *5sc, inc* (21)
R7-8: *sc (21)
R9: *6sc, inc* (24)
R10-11: *sc (24)  
R12: *7sc, inc* (27)
R13: *sc (27)
R14: *8sc, inc* (30)
R15: *3sc, dec* (24)
R16: *2sc, dec* (18)
R17: *sc, dec* (12)
R18: *dec (6)
Use ultimate finish to F/O.

Ear
I don't really remember the pattern for the ear as I did it by feeling. But if I must put to words, it is roughly like this...

Use #white or #black
Base: 3ch
R1: Start at 2nd chain from hook. inc, inc (4)
R2-11: Turn, *sc (4)
Sc around the piece (sc twice in both the chain stitch of base row). Ss into the starting point of this round. 
F/O

This part of instruction is used to make the little pointed thing at the side of the ear. Take a new #white yarn, position the starting point at the corner of the last row (different side of ear start at different corner). Make sure you positioned it so that you are crocheting to the longer side of the ear.
1ch, 6sc, hdc, dc.
1ch, turn. 8sc, ss. 
F/O and leave a long line for sewing.

Hand
Use #white or #black
R1: 4ch in MR (4)
R2-3: *sc (4)
F/O and leave a long line for sewing.

Leg
Use #white or #black
R1: 3ch in MR (3)
R2: sc, inc, sc (4)
R3-5: *sc (4)
F/O and leave a long line for sewing.

Tail
Use #white or #black
Base: 6ch
R1: ss into 2nd chain from hook, ss, sc, hdc, dc. 
F/O and leave a long line for sewing.

imageimage

How to Assemble 
Use pins to secure all the part on the body so that you can rearrange the parts accordingly. Below are the arrangements I've used to create them Mokona and Modoki. Basically, everything is "V" shaped.

The feet are V shaped apart. Please do leave some spaces between them as well. 


As for the ears, they are placed in a closer V-shape. Tuck in the F/O string into the side of the ears first before sewing them to the top of the head as seen in the picture above. 
The arms are placed at the middle row of the body and the width apart is the same as the feet. So that both the left and right side of the arms and legs are parallel. Sew all the parts together.


Cut a piece of light pink felt cloth according to the ear size and slowly cut around the cloth into a long oval shape. Then using this as a guide, cut another one out. Glue the piece to the inside of the ears. 


Now the details! I've stitched in the facial expression beforehand. Use black thread for white Mokona and white thread for black Mokona. In the picture above, I've felted in the details (the blue jewel thing on the head and also the pink paw under the hands and feet) using felt yarns. 
If you don't have felt yarns, it is okay. You can use felt cloth as well. Just cut the shape out and glue them on. 


I almost forget Mokona has a tail! I had to add this in much later but it's just a tiny tail, so it's not a big deal. As you can see after F/O, pinch the part so that it becomes a curved tail. Attach it as shown in the picture above. You can position it however you want, but I prefer it to be curving upward. :)


And there you have it! Hopefully my explanation made sense. I didn't get to take much picture as I hope, so there are some steps that I might missed. But I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. It's like putting the puzzle pieces together. :)

imageimage

If you like what I do, please subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagramimage
I am on these platforms as well!  


**Disclaimer: I do not own this character, this character solely belongs to Clamp. This is purely a fan-based work and pattern by me. Please do not sell the finished product. Please credit me if you're using this pattern in any way. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment