Oct '17


// Happening this month // 
incredible wanton me at Eng's Noodles House
can't draw stuff properly
to Markdorf for biz trip
weekend trip to Lünersee
board games
trip to Immenstadt
Munich with Sevda
cats with boxes and plastic bags
eyebrow dilemma
Sam Rui at Noise Invasion fest
Weekend cookfest 
and other nonsense...

// Short update of my life //
Will be increasingly and incredibly busy from now on, since I went to a training in Germany, everyone thinks I am an expert now, therefore, more tasks to be done.
With increasing work task, my need to find something else to do is also increasing. Currently on the look out for embroidery material. Yes, I was doing cross stitch before, but this embroidery is another stuff. Similar but different and looks super fun! Can't wait to get started. But I somehow tell myself to finish my cross stitch project first (that has been unfinished for 2 years or more). I don't like any pending projects but I have a lot of it some how and it's piling up. Not good.
I'm so broke starting from October. It seems like all I do is spend spend spend. I am not sure why, but everything seems to be happening at once. New shoes, new medicine, new skincare and vacation splurge.

Now for October recaps. 


I know it's quite a task to find a good place to eat in Singapore. No offence to Singaporeans, but you know it's true or my tastebuds are just too used to too flavorful food. Anyway, this noodle shop is def noteworthy. 



It's a type of wan tan mee, I know it looks different from the typical one. I think this is something like kolomee (the type of noodle I think?). I wasn't really expecting for much, but just wow.. When I have that first mouthful, I'm hooked! I am also in love with the fact that the "zhu you za" is refillable and it is in a self service corner! Meaning you can take as much as you like. *Fat alert* but it's just so darn goooooooooood. Craving for this ever since the first visit.
I am not really a fan of wan tan mee and I rarely ever order wan tan mee if there are other choices of food around. But this is definitely an exception because it doesn't taste like the normal ones I have had.

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Because of a 5 hour delay, Lufthansa offered a free "night" stay at some hotel in the city centre.
This trip was planned to happen, but I didn't know when. Honestly, I thought it wasn't going to happen because there was a lack of discussion for this topic.. Until it was almost time for my "predecessor's" 3 weeks vacation at the end of October. Therefore, this rush business trip was made a reality. I only had like 2 weeks to finalize and process the request. Because of this last min planning, I had to book 3 different hotels during my stay cause apparently most of the nearby hotels are all booked out for some convention. 
It's not that bad though. It's a blessing in disguise actually. Meaning I get to explore different places and also to experience living in different places. I actually really liked it. 

My flight was bound to take off on a Saturday (late) night but it got delayed. 5 hours to be exact. I was dumbstruck cause I don't wanna spend 5 hours in the airport and it's in the middle of the night, what can I do there? Luckily during check-in, they offered a place to stay and also free buffet supper for us. Even though it's 30mins drive and we can only get like less than 3 hours of sleep there. At least they tried so no complains here.


Feeling bored so I doodled a little
Truth to be told, I only know how to draw half of a face, and I don't usually finish drawing the face outline either, because once I do, it will look totally weird. Gone are the days I understand proportions, and now I am left with this awkward talent to draw right eyes.. I don't know how to draw the matching left eyes. HAHAHA. I don't know why. I want to learn drawing again, but somehow I don't know where to start and it's kind of frustrating.


And fast forward to Friedrichshafen where I will be staying for the first week there. Miraculously, I fainted through most of the flight. Only manage to watch Baby Driver which is good enough I guess. Had to transit in Frankfurt but it didn't take very long. Settled down in the hotel around 4pm, showered, and went out for a walk. The bus come every hour so I didn't wait for it, I choose to walk to the lake instead. I think it took me like 45 mins. I thought it would do me good after sitting for more than half a day in the plane. Since it's a Sunday, nothing is open except for a few restaurants. 


First meal in Germany, kebab. Because it's satisfies the three -ngs from this one chinese saying. "Peng, leng, jeng", which translate to "Cheap, pretty, great". Doesn't really make that much sense when I do the literal translation, but I think you know what I mean. It's cheap, it's filling, and it's fucking tasty. And of course, gelato for dessert. I'm so pampered. 


Had strong wind when I was walking but at least it's not raining. Actually, I experienced a pretty great weather when I was there. It wasn't raining at all during my 2 weeks stay. It only started to rain when I was going off. I also witness like a 20 seconds hail when I was boarding my flight from Friedrichshafen to Franfurt. They say it was quite warm for October, and it's not common. Global warming.

Didn't actally walked through the part that day, I cam back another day and walked again.
but will just to put this picture in here. 


It's not as cheap as in Singapore but the network is good considering it's a small town. There was internet in the bus too which I appreciate because I didn't have any sim card at that time, since all the shops are closed, it wasn't possible for me to buy on that day. And the internet was super fast okay, not those laggy sort. 
It's quite funny actually. I mean consider this. Wi-Fi can be easily found in Germany, even in the bus but you won't see people preoccupied with their smartphones or gadgets as much as you see here in Asia. Like Singapore, wherever you go, you're bound to see people walking while looking at their phones not the road itself. Even when there isn't any free Wi-Fi or something. Culture?

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

View from the office
Yes, this view is from Continental Markdorf office. Great innit? The luscious greenery.


Managed to get an approval to rent a car because it's so much cheaper and easier since I am moving to 3 hotels anyway. Plus, it's the countryside, it's not easy to find food by foot. And I assure you, the company will only pay the taxi fee if and only if it's from and to the office. Had to have a workaround for that. 
It's my first time driving on the right side of the road and driving in the left part of the car. Plus, it's a big car... I mean big. My mum doesn't let me drive her car, or just shows lack of confidence for me to do so. It made me believe I really can't do it. Therefore, I avoid any chance of driving her Harrier. But lo and behold, you can anything once you are put in a situation whereby it is absolute necessary for you to do so. I drove it and *thank the heavens* nothing extraordinary happened. I even nailed all the parkings (both side and reverse, HAH!). I am feeling so proud right now. 

Lukullum, the hotel receptionist lady recommended this place to me

It has a nice atmosphere, that was for sure 

But the food... Steak was okay, mash sweet potatoes was so salty. I couldn't finish it

Dessert was great though. Luckily. If you're ever in Germany, make sure to try chocolate mousse, the store bought one is also very good. 

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Continuing to write this post in the beginning of December because I was abducted by aliens for half of the month of November. I didn't even realize it was still sitting in my draft post. *facepalm*

Nice little small park before the port at Immenstaad am Bodensee. What a beautiful place for a small town. 


Die Kollegen auf Conti Temic im Markdorf, Heiko, Stefan und Hagen

Me and my predecessor (man, that word sounds so fancy)




Also Arne came joining in for dinner with us near the port, the food was really nice. Unfortunately we forgot to take another group photo. Finally I get to enjoy some German cuisine. 

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /


I have been passing this rambling route every day when I drive to work and back to the hotel. Curious and also I have quite a lot of time on my hand, I parked somewhere nearby and took a little walk.




and a frowning selfie because of the blazing evening sun up on my face. 

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /


Bought a 10 days Visa for Austria. Need this to cross the Autobahn between Germany and Austria. We have tolls in Malaysia and ERP in Singapore. Basically, this is the same but you don't need to tap your card in and out every time you cross some place. You can just buy this sticker and stick it onto your windshield and cross as many times as you want for those designated days that you bought. 
Austria has a choice of 10 days, 2 months and 12 months sticker. Whilst for Autobahn sticker for Switzerland, it's only possible to buy the 1 year pass.  

I was actually planning to go to Switzerland for the weekend as I went there before and I loved the alps. But it seems like it was very expensive to travel there by car. My colleagues recommended me to go to Austria instead, there's Alps there too but it's so much cheaper than Switzerland. Luckily for me, I listened to them. I asked Oli, one of the colleagues in Markdorf for some recommendations as according to them, he travels a lot to Austria and he should know a lot of good places to go. He recommended some few places, and I chose the Lünersee.

This was just some scene I saw before reaching the Lünersee, I'm completely awstrucked.

Bought a ticket to take the Lünerseebahn (cable car). Visitors can opt to hike to the top too, but I thought I could hike down later instead. BAD decision. You'll know why soon.
The place is just so very absolutely and incredibly majestic. I reached a little late on Saturday, around 12pm. Although it's October, it's a bit cold but not very as the sun was shining brightly that day. It's a great weekend to be outside. I actually went back up again to the lake on Sunday because I really really liked it there.
There's a few "huts" there where you could book your bed and stay there. I contacted Douglass Hütte but apparently the private rooms are all booked out and they are left with a few beds in the dorm. I'm not really keen on sharing rooms with strangers not to mention sleeping side by side with one. So, instead, I book a room at the nearest town called Brand. 
Then up there, I was ready to challenge the hike to Totalphütte! The estimated time to get there from the cable car station was 1hour 15min. At that time, I didn't know it was a "German" estimation. Strictly speaking, I wasn't in a shape whereby I am at the German standard of a normal hiker. If I would have to put it... Lv30 hiker can reach there in 1h 15m, but I am only at Lv 5. It took me like 1h and a half and I still have like 800m to go. To my defense, I was stopping frequently and I was taking pictures at every intervals. I couldn't reach the hut in the end because there was so much snow and my shoes are not right for the occasion. I would slip and fall to my death if I were to continue. No kidding. So, if you are interested in hiking in the alps, please come prepare with good hiking shoes. And not those made for jungle trekking, but the ones they have there in Europe. The solid and waterproof ones.
Okay now, I'll just let these pictures do all the talking.




I made a snow man after I slip and feel on the snow. Because that's how you tackle life. 

My fingers are there to block the sun, so that I could have this picture. You wouldn't want an extra glare for the pictures!

Right place at the right moment for this wonderful shot. 







and there's this little guy walking all by himself with a fishing pool. LOL! I don't know where his parents is. 


Lunch at Douglass, the Kasespatzle is amazing! 

Also, Apfelstrudel. A must to eat. 

Unfortunately, my stomach didn't agree with the wurst. The whole dish was too salty for my liking. 
And now the fun part... Let me show you the hike down the alps instead of taking the cable car down. I was muttering "Mamma Mia" all the time when I was going down. It took me like 1h of hiking to get down to the carpark. Oli did warn me about the "Devil's Step" part from the hiking route, it would be difficult but manageable. Well, I did survive, so I guess it is manageable but I would not want to go through that again.

You know you're f*cked when you need to have a metal wire support

Dude, can you even see the path? I'm like a f*cking hobbit on to an adventure
Trust me, you don't want to see that in real life unless you are an adrenaline junkie




After all the hard work and praises to the Almighty Being who created the world, I checked into my hotel room.. which can file a family of 4 but it's like under 80 Euros. It's super cheap! I mean if there is really 4 people sleeping there. 


Breakfast with a view


During the way back, instead of the highway, I decided to drive through the Alps instead. It was definitely a challenge because the roads are all so narrow and windy. Not to mention, I was driving a very big car. I think I can safely say that I have unlocked an achievement and I have driven in the Alps before! #LicenseToBrag

Idk why Duck face.


not the Alps, but nearing my hotel during a foggy evening

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

I have so much new things to experience during that business trip. One of it was taking the ferry to get to work. I booked my hotel quite late so all the hotels (within my company's budget) were actually booked out within the nearby area. So, I only had the choice of sleeping at the neighboring town across the lake. So, every morning and evening, I had to drive to the port and get on the ferry. 



Also, first time checking in to my room via an automated system. There wasn't any reception available at the time of my arrival. So, all the customers have to go through the automated check in procedure through the computers as you can see above. 
But it kind of sucks because once you press an add-on (like breakfast or parking), you cannot cancel it even if you have not paid. And when you do so, you have to pay for whatever you have chosen in order for you to get your card key. What a scam! I don't like it. I was actually playing around with the system because I want to know the total if I added breakfast into my package. In the end, I couldn't cancel it and it was even written explicitly there that I couldn't cancel it. Guh.. Should have read it carefully before. Okay, it was half my fault but what kind of rules is that???  

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

View at Weingarten, a small town near Markdorf


Had a really nice boardgame session with a bunch of strangers. Heiko invited me for an evening out. It seems like it is a ritual for him to bring colleagues from oversea to the usual routine of kebab dinner and board game night. It was really fun and I am hooked! I am even joining some board games session back in Singapore too (well, so far, only one gathering but it sure is fun too!).

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Hagen's adorable cat
Was invited over for dinner by Hagen and got the chance to met the family's fur kitties! There were 4 of them, but Perlman (I hope I spell that correctly) was the friendliest and kept on nudging me to pet him. So cute!

Random guy playing a piano which is attached to his bicycle. Ya don't see that everyday!

Ready for Halloween anyone? Count Dracula style?


Bought a new eyeliner there and was so inspired by Lauren Tsai to try the winged eyeliner look. Truth to be told, the look doesn't suit my eye shape because of my hooded eyelid. *sad*

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /


I got a free day on Friday so I thought I would drive to somewhere else for some walkies. I was thinking of going to Austria again but I didn't really have a lot of time on hand, I only have like half a day for it. So, I drove to Immenstadt im Allgäu. There is a huge lake there so I thought I would walk around it. 




Little did I know, it was a really really big lake, and I think I walked like 3-4 hours to complete the whole circle around the lake. I was actually regretting it halfway. But since I had walked half way through, it didn't really matter if I make a U-turn or walk the whole way round. In the end, I managed to walk a complete circle but walking beside the road was so dangerous. There wasn't much space for pedestrian to walk. But thank goodness that was like 35% of the route... which actually is not much but also not little. Thank goodness I survived. 

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /




Manage to meet up with my ex-housemate, Sevda. I met this kindred soul when I first went to Germany and started my 5 month journey abroad alone. She was my housemate and we definitely clicked. So glad to be able to see her again after more than 2 years!

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /


A random photo of my last ApfelStrudel in Germany. I had this fancy one in a restaurant name Deutsch in Frankfurt airport. The waiter recommended it and he was such a nice guy, very friendly and excellent service. *Gosh I feel like I am doing a mini review here*.

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Grey, the boxcat

Bianca the plasticat

And here are my cats headbutting into random stuff. No, I did not put them there, they got in those position themselves. 

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Otah Otah burger and (hardsold) mash pumpkin 
I was so excited when I saw Sam Rui posting that she will be performing at Noise Invasion Festival at Haw Par Villa. I have never heard of such a place before I went there for the first time. According to my GrabHitch driver, the place was a really popular place among older generations when they were teenagers. That was the most hip place to hang out actually before the other fancier place was built. There is also a history about that place regarding the Tigerbalm brothers here but I don't remember much. Well, I just knew they have a heck load of statues there.



But this is the main attraction (in my point of view). I'm glad I got like a free front row seat view of her performance before she got so very famous that she starts charging 200$ for a seat at her concert. LOL. Young and talented Sam Rui, and she is just 20 years old. Looking forward for her future works. 



And some selfies.. just so you know.. I get it in there and you can just stare at me with my heavy make-up. This is what people usually do right? LOL. Omg, my vanity is going to be at another level soon. 

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Experimenting with thick drawn brows and covering the unwanted ones with concealer. That's why it's so blotchy. I ain't going out with that look don't worry!

HAHA! I am always having this eyebrow dilemma because I was told off that my straight eyebrows look that I have been drawing looks super weird. If you are a guy, I think this topic is going to be very boring for you, so just scroll along. Ladies, you know what I am saying right? 
I thought straight brows was the "in-thing" because of the Korean trend?? Eh?? I guess I was wrong?? I then tried to grow my brow out and try the arch look. Well, okay I have to give credit to my friend that told me off because I think I like my eyebrow better when it's with an arch and not straight. But you know what? There is no wrong or right way of doing your brows so just experiment with it. You can shave all of it if you want to if you are into those things. What I want to say is, just do what you like.....
Here I am, preaching but yet cannot make up my own mind. But currently, I have been letting my brows grow out as much as they want. I have not plucked or shave for awhile now. No maintenance at all. Then when I have to go out, I just draw the shape that I want. So, now, it actually looks very different every day when I try to draw them in since now I do not have a definite frame to follow. HAHAHA. *so proud of my laziness, Idk why*

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /


Also, have been cooking and hosting dinner night at our house almost every Sunday. Finally putting all my plates to good use. 

Finally, I have finished writing all these down after a month delay. Was suppose to write this in November but I was busy with Japan trip. So, had to do this in December instead. I can't imagine how long it will take for me to blog about my Japan trip. If I manage to post most of the pictures on Facebook/Instagram then I think I do not need to post as much things. Just more words I guess? That actually takes up most of the time. I don't talk much but when I write, I am like a different person with too much things to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment