13/4/14 Tree Monkey & Victoria Sweet Pastry, Tanjong Tokong

I've done it. I have actually procrastinate my blog post till this far. It's been one month plus since my visit to this place. I've actually wrote this post last few days but some error occurred and it didn't manage to save my written post, not even autosave it. So, I have to write it all again. 
Jeez, this feels like those time when I'm playing RPG game. I kill a lot of monsters and gain a lot of EXP and then I died during a random encounter.... and I didn't save my game before I died.. Man, don't you just hate it when that happens?! Like... EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME. 
Urgh, I digress..


Went to Monkey Bar after our brunch trip at Balik Pulau for the asam laksa there using the longer and windy road. It's my first time ever travelling on that route but it is nice to experience something new. 



The place actually reminds me a lot of a tree house but of course I've never own nor went into a tree house before in my life. I've seen them a lot in cartoons. Anyway, the place is surrounded by a lot of trees but still it is a little humid. The other customers I saw were all foreigners, mainly.


Monkey Juice, RM14.80
Lemongrass Soda, RM10.80
I really like both of the drink. I just wish that the monkey juice would have more.... juice in it. As you can see, half of the glass is filled with bubbles instead. 

Yum Mamoung (Mango Salad), RM16.80
Smaller than I have expected. It can be finished with just 4 spoonfuls. Taste was just okay. I've tasted better elsewhere.

Rating | 3/10
I couldn't comment much because I didn't actually ordered the food there but only the mango salad. But based on my visit, as I can see, I think they are overcharging the customers as the portions are very very disappointing. I think that is why there are no local people dining there. The service wasn't that good too. The only thing that was interesting is the tree house concept and that's it.

Tropical Spice Garden 
Lone Crag Villa, Lot 595 Mukim 2 
Jalan Teluk Bahang, 11100 Penang
Phone | 604-881 3493/4
Opening Hours | Everyday 9am - 10:30pm


Our next stop is Victoria Sweet Pastry. With the help of foursquare, I found this place as it has a very high rating(over 9). So I guess it's worth trying at least once and I have to tell you, I'm so grateful that I found this place because they serve the best dessert ever. Period. 



Yummy treats made by the young and genius chef which if I remember correctly is just around my age. 
image This guy is just brilliant image 


Green Tea Mix Mint Macaroon, RM9.90
Huge macaroon. Not too sweet, just nice. Love the strong taste of green tea. 

Black Forest Golden French Toast, Rm18.90
image Recommended image
A must try dessert if you're there! It's unlike any other french toast that I've seen and eaten. Extremely crispy charcoal toast topped with mouth-watering chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Ooooohhhhhhhhh, foodgasm in my mouth!

Rating | 9.5
Anymore words will not do any justice to the yummylicious dessert served here. You have to go there and try it out to truly know what I mean! 

B-G-9 Vantage Desiran Tanjung, 
Jalan Tanjung Tokong, 
10470 Tanjong Tokong. Penang 
Phone | 04-890 8369
Opening hours | Wednesday to Monday 12pm - 11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment