23/1/14 Garage 51 by Coffee Societe, Bandar Sunway

After a month time of hiatus, I'm back to blogging again. I've been mostly busy with my studies as I have my finals to be aced. 
*nyuk nyuk image nyuk nyuk*

ANYWAYS, 

image

I finally got the chance to visit Garage 51. Even though it's quite near to my house, it's no fun going alone. It's always better to enjoy a cup of coffee or a slice (or many slices) of cake with some companies. That means you'll get to try more things too! *food cheat*

Retro car parked outside the Garage!
Just kidding, it's a prop actually. But at the first glance, I really thought it was a real car. With closer inspection, there's a mini dining table in it. So cute but I don't think anyone is going to sit there with the "clean" air. 

Generation Y are obsessed with smartphones. I'm one of them too, who's busy taking pictures. But I guess I can be excused since it's just pictures. Hahaha!

Overall, the place was pretty spacious yet it was full with people. The interior is pretty cool too with orange lights and some light decorations.

Garage 51 menu. Please click to enlarge the photos.

Mochatella, RM14.90
It's basically Mocha + Nutella. It's one of the specialty here and it's my first time seeing a drink like this. You have to add the milk yourself, so you can actually control the strength of flavor. We ended up adding all the milk at one shot, so it's pretty bland. I can't comment on it, because I can't taste much. 
image

Latte, RM8.90 with additional shot, RM2.00

Caramel Hot Chocolate, RM12.00
Has very strong caramel taste. People who love caramel should try this.

Hazelnut Hot Chocolate, RM12.00
I wonder why the leaf looks so... crooked. This is actually my drink. So disappointing. Haha, just kidding. I love how the drink is not too hot when it is served. Don't you just hate it when you want to drink a warm beverage but it's piping hot, and you can only drink it teaspoon by teaspoon. Well, not in here, you don't! 

Iced Lemon Tea, RM5.90
I'm sorry about the empty cup picture, I forgot about this drink. It's better late than never right? Overall, it's normal, nothing special about this drink. 

Red Velvet Cake, RM9.90
Not a fan of red velvet but I could tolerate this as it's not too sweet.
Coffee Marble Cheesecake, RM9.90
I think this is the star of the night. The cheesecake was smooth, rich, heavy in terms of taste and the coffee compliments the cheese so well. IT'S SO DARN GOOD. In a glimpse of an eye, it was devoured cleanly. Not one bit left on the plate. 

New York Cheesecake, RM9.90
Decided to order more of their cheesecake because it was so good. This is actually the same with the one above but it doesn't have the coffee taste. Equally good!

Rating | 8/10
imageimageimage
I know this place is immensely popular and I know why now. It's popular for some good and yummy reasons. Highly recommend people to try their cheesecakes and their chocolate drinks! They also serve dinner too but didn't had the chance to try them yet. 

Garage 51
Foursquare link | Garage 51 Foursquare

51, Jalan PJS 11/9, Bandar Sunway, 
46150 Kuala Lumpur
Opening Hours | Tuesday to Sunday : 11am - 11pm
Closed on Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment