PATW

On the 21st of July, 
this happened.


Sign myself up for IET annual dinner slash Present Around The World Competition (not as a contestant but just as an audience and a buffet-food-muncher). 'Tis my first event with MMUIET, a club which I recently joined in a wimp *long story short* because I don't have any clubs I'm active in anymore . Most of the members are my course mates but sadly, most of them are just acquaintances, so many awkward moments for me to experience. But hey, that's life but I'm glad that at least I'm making some new friends. :)

Derp. Photographer, Yee HK. (and VP of MMUIET) 

Lucky draw number 4. It's not a suey number for me. On the contrary, it's my lucky number and my personal favorite despite our chinese superstitions.

IET student members flocking up for registration

Event flow

Alex (our President) and Yow Chuan Teo (Sorry, I don't know which one is your surname so I have to use your full name. hahaha. Member? I guess)

Fatema, MMU Cyber's participant for PATW

Zubair, fishing... lol


Fellow participants
Some of the presentations were very interesting and unique. Not to mention, some was very boring and uncaptivating. (well, duh) The very memorable one was about dimension beyond the 3rd one, which was mind-bending and I feel like puking when I think about it right now. It's too mindfarking, seriously. Albert Einstein and String Theory and a dead cat in a box but is alive at the same time. Presented by a Sabah-ian and he won the grand prize as expected.
Fatema got the runner-up, she's really good with presenting. No ummm and ehhhhs, just plain confidence and very crisp and clear tone (for an Internation student. :P). And did you know? The world first programmer was a lady and her name is Ada Lovelace. Interesting things I learnt that day.

One thing that I think I should inform the future participants of PATW: Do not ever present your FYP presentation, under any circumstances. NO. NOT EVER. It is plain boring no matter how you look at it. I know they said the content doesn't matter for this competition, but in my opinion, if you want to grab the judges' and audiences' attention you should have a good title. Something out of the box. So you can fully utilize your own style of presenting.

all dua liap dua liap lang sitting around the main table. :P

Photo credit to Zubair

Photo credit to Zubair
Unfortunately, I did not take any photos of the served foods. I didn't want to look like a online-addict who likes to take pictures of food and post it on instagram before eating. But hey, here's some pictures of some fellow engineering students instead.

future successful businessmen??
kidding. hahaha

Photo credit to HK.
And yeah, I won a bag from the lucky draw with my number. Told 'cha it's not suey at all!
.......and I gave it to my brother. :P I'm not using that thing for sure. Puaahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment