5/4/14 Hiking to Muka Head LightHouse

Hiking was actually on my to-do list. So, yeah, I can tick that off! It's a very rewarding journey I must say. There's this thing that boggles my mind though. 
What's the difference between trekking and hiking?

Well, lucky for you. I've got the answer with the help of google and if you're wondering too, here is the answer. 
Hiking is an outdoor activity of walking in beautiful natural environments on pre-charted paths called hiking trails. There are day hikes and overnight hikes. 
Trekking is a long journey be undertaken on foot in areas where there are usually no means of transport available. Trekking is not necessarily mountaineering; it is walking for a number of days, usually on uncharted paths, in challenging environments which are likely to be hilly or mountainous.
So, I think it's right that we assume we had hiked for few hours. 

The beach view at Taman Negara entrance

Geared up and ready for hiking!

Trail guide for visitors

#GoPro

Halfway-there-selfie

and after an hour, we have reached the Monkey Beach

It's important to bring sufficient water if you're there! If you don't, don't worry, they do sell drinks along the beach including big ass mineral water bottles.


People and their gadgets nowadays. LOL
Just love the effect of the GoPro camera

Had a long rest at the beach before we started our hiking journey again, to the Muka Head Lighthouse which was 30 mins away from Monkey Beach. The journey from the entrance to the beach wasn't really that tiring but the one from the beach to the lighthouse was.... overwhelming. I can't feel my legs after all the stairs. There wasn't much people going up there either. Only saw 3 other people when we reached. It was already afternoon and I guess it's not the best time to be on top of a hill but luckily it was cloudy that day. We were a bit worried about it raining but thankfully it didn't either.



And we chilled at the top of the mini lighthouse for awhile. Enjoyed the view and the breeze. 

The view inside the lighthouse was quite beautiful. I didn't notice it until I checked the pictures online and saw many people actually took photo with this window. I probably was too occupied with climbing the stairs so I didn't notice my surrounding. I decided to follow the norm and do the same thing. 

It's a refreshing activity to do during the weekend. Would love to hike again if I had the chance. To Pantai Kerachut next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment