Movie Review: The Conjuring



Thank you Nuffnang for the premiere tickets again. 
*[Have you noticed that I have been very hardworking lately by posting movie reviews every week at the moment? lol. All thanks to the free tickets I've won from Nuffnang & Churp Churp]*


The Conjuring is a movie that is based on the true story of a family of seven who recently moved into a new house. The family consist of the parents and their five daughters. There's something about moving out that freaks me out some times. You'll never know what history the new house may have.
Honestly, when I first saw the trailer, I thought it was about a haunted doll. Turns out, it wasn't. It was WAY bigger than that. The doll was just a "ke-le-feh".


It turns out that the house was actually haunted with plenty of spirits that were also the victims of the most hateful and demonic one. Day after day, the hateful spirit will try to scare and intimidate the family members especially the youngest ones. Slowly, it become more powerful by feeding off from their fear.


Luckily the mother sought help from Ed and Lorraine Warren which were professional demonologists. Lorraine has a special gift and she could see bits and pieces of faint memories of people and also sense these supernatural beings. 

With the help of The Warren family, they got to know that the hateful spirit would latch itself and possess the mother of the family and then kill all of the family members. This was what happened to the other families that used to live in that very house. 


In the end...... I don't wanna spoil this, so I guess you guys better go watch it and find out yourself what happens in the end. image 

It was actually a pretty good movie. I was hooked all the time and  the movie gave me quite a few good fright. Some of the scene was pretty unpredictable and I've got to say, I admire how brave Lorraine was. She was like a kindred soul with a fighting spirit of a warrior, so determined to defeat the evil spirit. image  I was kind of disappointed on how it ended though. I thought there would be more of the exorcism actions like the other movies or so. But I guess not. 
Considering I am not a big fan of horror movie, this was actually pretty entertaining to watch.

My rating for The Conjuring is 
8/10
imagebecause it made me jumped so hard in my seat image
*scaredy cat*

imageimageimage

No comments:

Post a Comment