Pudding Cookies Recipe

Normally when I talk about cookies or cakes, it is usually when I am helping my mum out because this is her hobby. She always does this when she is back in hometown because we have an oven there to bake these delicious little yummies. 

But this time, I searched and printed out a very easy recipe to help me start venturing into the "baking world". All thanks to pinterest again for the inspiration. I don't know why but I just wanted to bake something at the moment and so I did. I didn't take much pictures of the process because my hands were all tied up during the making process. 


Ingredients you'll need: 
1 1/2 sticks (or 3/4 cup) butter *[or just plain 170g]3/4 cup brown sugar1/4 cup sugar *[I think the amount of brown sugar + sugar can be lessen to half the amount stated as I think it was to sweet. IMO desserts shouldn't be too sweet. Plus the chocolate chips already contributed to the sweetness]1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding *[or 96g]2 eggs1 tsp vanilla1 tsp baking soda2-1/4 cups flour1-2 cups chocolate chips (or whatever add in you would like)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Stir together flour and baking soda and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together.
Add in pudding package and beat until well blended.
Add eggs and vanilla.
Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated. *[I sifted the flour in another big bowl, then only I add the mixture pudding mixture in. I guess this works too]
Add chocolate chips or whatever add-in you chose.
Roll into 1″ balls and place on greased baking sheet. *[Don't need to shape it into a cookie shape! As the round balls will shape itself in the oven when heated]
Bake at 350 F for 8-12 minutes.
Side note: I sifted in a little more flour in as the consistency was too wet to handle. Then I proceed to cover my hands with flour before rolling each one of the dough balls, so it won't stick to my hands. I experimented with the mixture and added a little more flour in. When I did that, it seems like the cookie didn't shaped itself like the previous one(like in the picture below). Instead, the shape stays like a ball and also it is harder to bite. Oh, and btw, these are SOFT cookies.
Notes made by me are marked with *[italic&highlighted] other than that, it is copied from the original website.
Recipe and original link can be found hereCredits to http://www.chef-in-training.com for this wonderful recipe!

Dough mixture before shaping.

The outcome! They expanded a bit so they were all sticking together. Be sure to leave some space between them!

Ready to eat!

My mum, brother, Liz, and I enjoyed this very much. It's pretty easy too, I think everyone who is interested can give it a try. Hope you like it!




No comments:

Post a Comment